View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luk4ne

re: APPROVED - Fortysix - Retribtuion Paladin - by Jeszaera

Character Name: Fortysix
Class: Paladin
Spec: Retribution

Armory link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&cn=Fortysix&gn=Needs+the+Blood

Additional characters:
Lukrative – Blood DK tank/DW Frost
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&cn=Lukrative
Sevaht – Enhancement Shaman/PVP Elemental
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&cn=Sevaht

Player Name: AJ
Time zone: Central

What members of Angry Mob do you already know or have you played with?
Unfortunately I’m still very new horde-side and haven’t had the pleasure of grouping with any of your guild members yet. I actually saw your recruitment post on the Gorefiend forums.

What guilds have you previously been in, and why did you leave them?

Spite, Burning Blade – Horde: I took a break from the game due to RL reasons after raiding with this guild for a little over a year. Upon returning about the time ToC came out I learned the guild had disbanded with most members transferring to Korgath.

Divinity, Gorefiend – Alliance: I faction/server transferred here to play with my friends guild who was in need of people. After 2 months and new content being here the guild now has an abundance of people and my friend is MIA. I didn’t really mesh well with the raiding group personality wise so I didn’t necessarily enjoy raiding with them. My grandmother got sick over the last few weeks so I took an impromptu break from the game and decided I should move on. I faction transferred back to Horde about 3 weeks ago I believe.

Are you currently in a guild?
Needs the Blood

If so, why are you interested in leaving?
My friend had me invited into this guild, they pretty much only raid 10 mans with a core group so I have no affiliation with them other than chatting/random heroics here and there.

What do you see as the primary purpose of a guild in WoW?
Personally what I look for in a guild is almost like a home away from home. A group of people that I can get to know and start to develop friendships with that end up making raiding a very enjoyable time rather than turn it into a 2nd job. I consider my free-time quite precious and pretty much under no circumstance do I want to spend that time with people I don’t enjoy being around.

What do you expect from your guild and officers, and what do you offer in return?
Reliability and Fairness. Those are basically the main points I look for/expect in guild leadership. I’m always on time and never come unprepared.

How many nights per week would you ideally like to raid?
4 – 3 days for 25man and 1 for 10 Anymore and I think I’d end up being single again.. Lol

Our heroic raids run from 9-12 PM server time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Occasionally we may also do something heroic on a Sunday, which will usually run 8-11. What is your availability during those times?
These times are actually perfect for me. My weekdays are pretty bland in that I have nothing to do with only Friday and Saturday being the exception. Sundays are always quiet days for my Fiancee and I so I can also make it too if needed.

Do you have a working headset and are able to both listen and reply in Ventrilo during raids? (Note, this is an absolute requirement for raid membership.)
Absolutely

What are your thoughts on applications which modify the user interface (“mods”)?
While I feel that some are not needed there are a few certain ones that are an absolute necessity. I thought a ret rotation helper was the most retarded thing until I installed one and my DPS went up.. Lol.

Our minimum mod requirements for raiding include Deadly Boss Mods, Omen and Decursive (for most classes). Your class officer will also provide class-specific mod requirements and macros to facilitate your gameplay. Do you have any problem loading and keeping these applications up to date, and do you think your computer will run smoothly with them installed?
I run with all of these installed anyway save Decursive but that can be changed if necessary. I have no problems loading and running any of these. I also run with Atlas loot enhanced and CLCret for rotation

What is your previous raiding experience?
I have raided everything this game has to offer EXCLUDING Ulduar. I took my break a week before Ulduar was scheduled to come out and by the time I came back nobody really even did it anymore. I even raided Naxx40 back in the day but we never made it past 4 horseman

For classes with two or three potential roles (tanking, healing, killing things), what is your offspec of choice, how would you rate your gearing level for that spec, and how high is your interest level in raiding as that spec if it helps the group progress?
With the new season just started my offspec is currently PVP retribution. But my prot gear is pretty good. It mostly consists of all 232 stuff with my shield being the worst (From Naxx10 Shield of Ruin 4tw) I’m here to down bosses so if that means I have to tank than so be it. My holy gear is non-existant.

Link to screenshot of your UI:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/Lukane/WoWScrnShot_013010_123333.jpg

Also going to use this as the answer for the next 2 questions
We use a modified “almost-zero-sum DKP” loot distribution system. You can view the write-up on this policy here. What do you think of this method of loot distribution?
I have always been in favor of Loot Council type of distribution but I understand it’s flaws and why people don’t use it. As for the type of loot you guys use I’ve read it and think that it’s pretty fair. The only problem I’ve ever had with any type of DKP structure is people having too little or no decay in place so that new players stand no chance of getting loot versus those who’ve been around forever.

Thanks for taking the time to view my application.. If I forgot anything or if there’s anything you’d like to know more about please just let me know and I’ll take the time to get any issue resolved.
Jeszaera
Jeszaera
Officer

re: Re: Fortysix - Retribtuion Paladin

Not even gonna lie, with my progressive dislexia-due-to-too-much-speed-typing-and-overexposure-to-terrible-grammar-and-spelling-in-the-world-of-warcraft, I read
Luk4ne wrote:
I’m always on time and never come unprepared

as "I never come prepared" at least 3x. Couldn't figure out why someone would advertise that >.<

Anyway! Great app, wish everyone could put in as much effort, but -5 points for logging out in PvP gear and making me go hunt for you on wow-heroes tongue out

We'd definitely like to get you into our runs this week if that suits you, look for an officer around 8:30 tonight in-game and we'll talk some more.

Aimer

Quote:
What do you see as the primary purpose of a guild in WoW?
Personally what I look for in a guild is almost like a home away from home. A group of people that I can get to know and start to develop friendships with that end up making raiding a very enjoyable time rather than turn it into a 2nd job. I consider my free-time quite precious and pretty much under no circumstance do I want to spend that time with people I don’t enjoy being around.

I'm reading between the lines - well met!
Luk4ne

yea I'm sorry about that, I figured by the time anyone read this servers would be back up and I'd be able to swap real quick.. I shoulda known.. lol
UncleJemima

Were you still on Burning Blade back in vanilla during Naxx40? Don't recall a horde guild by the name of Spite at the time. Then again, I've forgotten most of the BB horde crews aside from AoF.

Nah I didn't go to Burning Blade until after Burning Crusade, I raided with Durotards then I joined Spite after that
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angry Mob Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum