View previous topic :: View next topic  
Googleplex

re: Guild BG's

As you might have heard, Blizz is currently working to implement a BG rating system.

Unconfirmed reports came across the wire today suggesting that rated matches will only be for pre-made groups. For those AM members who like to BG this is horrible news.

Not only do we have an issue grouping up as opposed to pugging, its for a naturally singular activity. I'm hoping very much that this is false information but if its not, the AMBG family is going to have to come up with something.

The idea of another raid night, or raid-like night doesn't sound promising.

More to come...

And here it is...

This coming off the community forums from Kalgan...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=19378794913&sid=1&pageNo=4#77

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
Thanks for the update Kalgan

While you are here, is there any chances you will review your stance on the "join as full group" for rated BGs.

Honestly, a big seller for BGs is the fact that you can just hop in do your thing and then leave when you have to.

I really don't want to have to commit to make a team beforehand and then queue up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several reasons (these are the highlights) not to allow players to solo-queue for rated battlegrounds.

1. When players have no commitment to any other members of their team, they're much more likely to try to game the system for minimal effort (afk'ing, or near afk-ing). If they're required to form a group in advance, it implies there is a previously agreed-upon power structure in the group (somebody is the leader, and can kick players that need to be kicked).

2. If players can queue for rated battlegrounds as either solo or as a group (and any mix thereof), it becomes far more difficult to matchmake teams appropriately, or determine how difficult of a win a win was, or how significant a failure on the part of the losing players a loss was.

3. The endgame structure we have for WoW rewards for organizational effort (this is the primary reason that 25-person raids are rewarded more highly than 10-person raids). There is no organizational effort in solo-queue'ing for battlegrounds, yet the ilevel of the rewards are on par with 25-person raiding.

[ Post edited by Kalgan ]

I wonder if we have to have team charters and stuff to buy? Or if we can just pug a premade in lfg and go that way and it'll only be based on personal ratings....

Always wanted rated BGs... but not being able to grp is gonna suck. Might have to move my pvp chars to a pvp guild if that's the case.. but I don't wanna leave teh mob on any characters.... damn blizzard.

Well we've got a fairly decent lead time, so we can start putting it together leading into the expansion.

Googleplex wrote:
Well we've got a fairly decent lead time, so we can start putting it together leading into the expansion.

We had a decent pvp team in vanilla... me, sinned, synned etc... we grouped with a couple of cream puff legion guys and stuff... but we should be able to get another one going I guess.

Yea I read that guy complaining on the forums before and I have about .0003 sympathy points for his argument; not being able to do rated team matches as a solo player. Every time I go into a BG all I hear is people crying about how much everyone else sucks. Do you really want your rated match in the hands of these random people you don't know?

And for the guy who wants to just jump in and go, they aren't taking away non-rated BGs as far as I know. It's just if you CHOOSE to participate in the rated system you will need to get into a premade first.

I would imagine we will just see an increase of the "LFXM for premade Y, must have vent and don't suck" in trade chat.

As of today, and I guess it appears later in that tread, they are going to have the BG team available in the LFG interface like they would an instance.

Also, an amendment will be made to the above thread, allowing our new and third PVP poster into the title.

Jump to: