Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Angry Mob Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vin-diesel

re: Vindice - DPS/Tanking DK

Character Name: Vindice
Level: 80
Class: DK
Spec: Unholy DPS / Blood Tank
Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&n=Vindice
Additional characters: Book, 72 Tauren Hunter

Player Name (optional): Dan
Time zone: EST

What members of Angry Mob do you already know or have you played with?
Kraul and Discerpo initially. I ran tonight with Ladiesmann's 25 Ulduar, and talked with him for awhile after that. I remember a bunch of your members from TBC, but I don't know if they'd remember Book.

What guilds have you previously been in, and why did you leave them?
Wreckless - Left because they wouldn't take me on raids. At the time I wasn't quite as geared as I am now.
Simplicity - The guild gdisbanded a week after downing Vezax in Ulda25 due to officer drama. We tried to reform as <Restricted Area>, but it didn't work out.

Are you currently in a guild? No.
If so, why are you interested in leaving?

What do you see as the primary purpose of a guild in WoW?
Work together as a team to clear challenging content, and have fun doing it. To have chill people to shoot the shit and do crazy things with.

What do you expect from your guild and officers, and what do you offer in return?
I expect organization (raids start on time, strategies are solid) and fairness (in loot distribution and respecting players for their skills). In return, I don't need any hand holding or coaching. I keep up to date with Elitist Jerks / strats / WoW news, and know how to find and armory players that are better than me. I do all the reading for encounters, and I'm always ready to go. Obviously I'm always open to suggestions and input, I just won't be constantly bugging you for it. I do my job well.

The following section is to be completed by applicants interested in raiding only. If you are applying as a non-raider (i.e., are a friend or family member of a raider), feel free to leave this blank, but if you later decide you wish to raid, you will be expected to return to this app and fill out the remainder.

How many nights per week would you ideally like to raid?
3-4, maybe more on weekend afternoons. Mainly I like to keep Friday and Saturday nights free.

Our heroic raids run from 9-12 PM server time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Occasionally we may also do something heroic on a Sunday, which will usually run 8-11. What is your availability during those times?
My availability is great.

Do you have a working headset and are able to both listen and reply in Ventrilo during raids? (Note, this is an absolute requirement for raid membership.)
Yes.

What are your thoughts on applications which modify the user interface (“mods”)?
I use a lot of mods, both the standard raiding ones and a lot of layout things like xPerl, Dominos and Skinner. I use these to rearrange my UI to give me better vision of what's around me, and especially on my character.

Our minimum mod requirements for raiding include Deadly Boss Mods, Omen and Decursive (for most classes). Your class officer will also provide class-specific mod requirements and macros to facilitate your gameplay. Do you have any problem loading and keeping these applications up to date, and do you think your computer will run smoothly with them installed?
Shouldn't be a problem.

What is your previous raiding experience?
Ulduar 10 through Yogg, FL 3 towers, IC and XT hardmodes. MTed this.
Ulduar 25 through Vezax, MT'd Vezax, have done all roles on everything else (DPS, MT, OT).

I've tanked and DPSed all other content. Sarth up to 2D. I can do any vehicle/position for FL, though I rule at driving Demo. I can heal and DPS on phase 3 Maly.

For classes with two or three potential roles (tanking, healing, killing things), what is your offspec of choice, how would you rate your gearing level for that spec, and how high is your interest level in raiding as that spec if it helps the group progress?
Blood tanking. I love to tank. I'm great at it because I'm good at positioning (like on Hodir to get the melee in buffs), and keeping an eye on what's going on around the raid at all times. I love doing it because I can more directly help the raid as a tank, and can save people if mobs jump out at them. My tanking gear is roughly 2500 on wow-heroes, mostly iLvl 226.

Link to screenshot of your UI:
http://img36.yfrog.com/i/uinewx.jpg/

If available, please provide a link to a WWS session with your character in action. If you don’t know what WWS is, you can check it out at wowwebstats.com.
I know what it is, but I don't use it. I will if you want me to though.

For damage-dealing roles, if the above is not available, what would you estimate your damage-per-second to be currently on a lvl 83 raid boss? (Recount is an excellent mod for collecting this sort of information live in-game.)
4.5-5.5k DPS was what I was averaging in Ladiesmann's 25man. Anywhere from 4th to 8th place for most of the run. It varies widely based on the encounter.

We use a modified “almost-zero-sum DKP” loot distribution system. You can view the write-up on this policy here. What do you think of this method of loot distribution?
Looks good. Simplicity used to use EPGP, so I'm familiar with the concept of using a point system to create a "Loot Ladder."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Angry Mob Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum